Ny version av Elise med 192 hk Toyotamotor

Här lägger vi in nyheter och officiella meddelanden från Lotus.

Ny version av Elise med 192 hk Toyotamotor

Post by Guest »

Både på "Seloc" och "Lotus Enthusiasts BBS" pratar man nu om en europeisk version med Toyotamotorn (192 hk). Kallas för 111R och ska kosta lika mycket som en 111S... Detta betyder att priserna på 111S (156 hk) och standardversion (120 hk) kommmer att sänkas. Dessutom pratas det om att nya Exige kommer att få mer än 192 hk.

Får nog veta om några veckor om detta är sant.
Last edited by Guest on Thu 24 Jun, 2004 15:13, edited 2 times in total.
Atariman
Forumberoende

Post by Atariman »

Låter ju inte dumt om det skulle vara sant, eller hur?  :up:
Krister
Boxster S (Lapis Blue)

Post by Guest »

Lite nya rykten från SELOC

1. The dealers are all invited up to the factory on the 20th Jan. to be told about all the changes, including the Toyota deal and what cars will have the engine.

2. The official press release from Lotus is on The 28th Jan. clraifying EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

3. The base model is definately being dropped.

4. This particular dealership have not been taking orders on new Elises until they are clear as to what is happening, although they have been taking orders on the Exige.
Atariman
Forumberoende

Post by Atariman »

Något nytt om detta än?
Krister
Boxster S (Lapis Blue)
CAIC
Forumberoende

Post by CAIC »

FKM i Antwerpen har två nya bilar med Toyota motorn att visa upp och provköra redan, en är utrustad för USA marknaden...
Priset på UK modellen är £27995.
Cai, Belgien men svensk
Göran
Svårt Lotus-beroende

Post by Göran »

CAIC wrote:FKM i Antwerpen har två nya bilar med Toyota motorn att visa upp och provköra redan, en är utrustad för USA marknaden...
Priset på UK modellen är £27995.
Cai,
Kom tillbaka när du har provkört!! Antar att du inte kan hålla dig över helgen, eller....?
 :wave:

PS Hälsa till Frederic från mig
Göran Forslund
Lotus Evora S SR -13 (sedan 2015)
Tidigare Lotus Elise S1 i 17 år
CAIC
Forumberoende

Post by CAIC »

Det ska jag göra... träffar antagligen Frederic på stora bilmässan i Bryssel i helgen. Ryktet säger att de har problem eftersom Toyota agenturen som hans bror har har gått i kk och det är samma moderbolag som till Lotus agenturen. De måste antagligen flytta eftersom FKM nu håller hus i Toyota agenturens fastighet... jag vet att vissa leverantörer har varit hos FKM för att få cash i handen för levererade delar.. det är väl antagligen dags att åka och hämta mitt standard avgasrör som förvaras av Frederic

Fick du emailet?

Jag har nu satt på en flexbypasspipe och det känns som jag tappat lite vrid men motorn verkar varva lättare... det låter som faan i alla fall :-D
Cai, Belgien men svensk

Post by Guest »

Man kan väl i princip konstatera att det inte är några rykten längre. Pratas också om ett pris på £29995 för nya Exige, dessutom har jag sett flera diskussioner där man tror att Exige kommer att få mer än 190 hk.
Göran
Svårt Lotus-beroende

Post by Göran »

CAIC wrote:det är väl antagligen dags att åka och hämta mitt standard avgasrör som förvaras av Frederic
Han har kanske mitt också som han fick för 5 år sedan :lol:
CAIC wrote:Fick du emailet?
Ja, TACK! även om jag inte kunde läsa ut vad själva grenröret ger, men det var intressant ändå.
Göran Forslund
CAIC
Forumberoende

Post by CAIC »

Det var något på Seloc idag om Janspeed Manifold. Owen på Racspeed trodde det gav ca 5-7 ft/llb i vrid och kanske 2-3 bhp, men detta endast i kombination med andra mods...  :beer:
Cai, Belgien men svensk

Post by Guest »

Recension tagen från SELOC

New 111R Test Drive

Had a chance to test drive the new 111R this morning...

Well, it's a bloody good car. I wasn't allowed to push it too hard as it's still being run in but was allowed 7k rpm with 3/4 throttle. The VVTI point is at 6.2k rpm and quite honestly it feels weird. The car is as at least as rapid as a 111S up to this point (probably slightly quicker) but then you hear a little woosh/clank and then it really seems like you've been hit by the car behind as the car basically launches from that point on. Other than that, the Toyota engine is very smooth and good to drive, although I think it needs a decent exhaust/induction system to get the noise right.
The toyota installation is very neat and tidy with a nice aluminimum cam cover that looks so much better than the nasty plastic one fitted to the K series. Interestingly, the boot floor looks about 1-2 inches higher - probable to accomodate the redeveloped exhaust system.

The exhaust reminds me of the standard S1 system with two pipes centrally mounted below the diffuser. It really doesn't look good at all - i much prefered the spy shots taken with the single exige type exhaust as this would fit in better with the design.

The gearbox is considerably more refined than the rover one with each gear engaging with a solid feel, however, I think it does suffer from greater gearstick travel - a quickshift/short throw system is aching to be put in. There is a selector ring on the gearstick to allow reverse to be engaged and I found this to be a little too big and got in the way of normal driving.

So far so good... Then we come to the brakes... Oh my god... what have they done?!? The brake pedal feel can only be described as "non existent". Ok, to be fair I'd really like to have a go on track and see how different everything feels but on the road it is difficult to control the deceleration of the car. There is at least 1 inch of pedal movement before you notice anything happening. Past this point then the car will start slowing down before your foot registers any resistance on the pedal. Push a little bit harder then you have a textbook emegency stop. i'm sure most of it is down to me the driver - I'd just got out of my S2 Sport 190 where the brake pedal is best described as "immovable" but the 111R was really hard work to drive smoothly. I never had a chance to test the ABS out but I was told that it kicks in very very late so it still allows alot of driver interaction before the car control aids take over.
The raised bonnet (housing the brake servo and ABS) does not look too bad when you first see it, but after seeing an S1, S2 and a 111R lined up, it does take some of the "magic" out of the cars' lines. To give some idea of the change, the front clam, bonnet vents and access panels are now virtually in line so there is no longer any "dip" where the radiator sits.

The car drives very much like the S2 111S with the additional weight hardly making itself known. The only exception is the steering feels slightly heavier but I found this made the car less nevous at speed and generally feel slightly more planted to the road. Of course, on track this might be different...
One point - There currently is no option available to have LSS, OZ's and 048's fitted to the 111R. This suspension pack is seen as one of the key differentiating factors between the 111R and the new S2 Exige.

Overall, I think it's a great car - it is the car Lotus had to build in order to gain some financial stability. The toyota engine coupled with the MY04 spec (leccy windows, central locking, a/c, sound proofing) makes the car incredibly refined to drive. I never once heard a clank, bang, pop or even much road noise. This is a car that will be a serious threat Porsche Boxster sales - the 111R Elise is now a complete all rounder that has supurb performance (sub 5 sec 0-60) is fun to drive but is refined enough to open the marque up from just enthusiasts but also to every day "normal" drivers. The only area it loses out to the Boxster that I can think of is the lack of bootspace limiting the car as a GT.
Purists and enthusiasts will exclaim that Lotus are losing the plot and the car is no longer what the Elise concept was all about. I'd agree that the Elise has evolved into something else but I don't doubt that this car will give Lotus the freedom and cash to build the niche cars (Exige, 340r) that we all love to see.
Atariman
Forumberoende

Post by Atariman »

Låter spännande tycker jag. Någon info om när/var/hur modellen kommer till Sverige? Är det fortfarande Wendels som har hand om agenturen? Någon ÅF i Sthlmsområdet för Lotus?
Krister
Boxster S (Lapis Blue)

Post by Guest »

Mer info

111R Pricelist

£27995
inc rubber floors, half leather, cd player, some ali bits , the abs cross drilled brakes ofcourse and central locking, oh and of course sun visors

Touring pack - driving lamps, leather or alacantra, carpets electric windows, noise and thermal insualtion, dab/mp3 hi fi £1795

Hard top £1295
Viper Stripes £895
Hard Top £1295

Post by Guest »

Bild

Göran
Svårt Lotus-beroende

Post by Göran »

Har Lotus försökt bygga en Boxter?
Enligt men mening dumt, eftersom dom som vill ha en så'n bil förmodligen ändå väljer Porsche.

Nej, mitt råd skulle ha varit (och är) "bliv vid din läst" Lotus.
Jag kommer att börja vårda min S1 ännu lite mera eftersom alternativen verkar dröja. :steer:
Göran Forslund